26 January 2012

Seeds anonymous

Although I already have loads of seeds, 102 varieties (packets), I can't seem to stop buying more. Anyway I will have to live with my compulsion, LOL!

My online seed database

Went to the garden centre this week and bought:

  • Rhubarb Red Champagne
  • Garlic
  • Horse Radish
  • Celery
  • Lemon Yellow Calendula
  • Purple Mange Tout (to match my Purple Podded Peas)

There is a really good video on the Thompson & Morgan website of the Purple Mange Tout (Shiraz)

Am on annual leave, so will be planting up the Garlic, Rhubarb and Horse Radish tomorrow. Think I will grow them on in large pots first and then transfer them into the plot.

In respect to all the other seeds, well I will grow them all so no great blocks of the same variety of plants. Means a lot more work for me, but I love sowing and cultivating different varieties, it makes the plot look more interesting! Think there is something a bit dull when faced with a great expanse of one type of veg or plant.

Tomorrow I will also start sowing my Tomatoes and Chilli seeds, they will be indoors so have the propagator ready for that and they will live on the table in the front room, next to the Early Potatoes (Maris Bard) that are busy chitting.

TIP: Oh - have bought loads of labels and a marker pen, so will not forget what I have sown or am growing on the plot!

Nearly spring!!!!!

No comments: