16 June 2008

Potatoes & Spinach a-go-go!

Have been busy digging up my spuds this weekend - yes I know a bit early - but I wanted some new potatoes and I needed to take the space over for my courgettes. The broad beans are going next - for my pumpkins.

Anyway - the spuds are lovely and extremely tasty. Think I will have to improve the soil a lot more next year as the soil is still quite poor and dry. I do have some main crops, which I am growing in pots in my back yard - much better soil you see.

I also cropped lots of spinach and rocket - I boiled this down to make Aloo Sag - basically fried onion, olive oil, butter and a bit of cheese. Absolutely delicious!!!

Anyway - the weather is cool again - around 18 degress max - but sunny with some rain. The beans and peas are doing well - and the next crop to come through is peas and broad beans - I should get a glut there!!

The salad crops are going well - with the exception of radishes (they have been rubbish this year) - but have had round lettuce and spring onions. Very good!

Will keep you posted with photos very soon - have been very busy lately - but will be posting at least weekly. Laters!

No comments: